Monday, October 15, 2012

Years pass...so what happened?

Cripes. It's been a long time since I even recalled I had a home for some scribblings here. So much feels like it has changed since then, yet a lot of that so much hasn't.

As of this writing, I am back in Northern New Jersey. Since living in that wee town of Franklinton that I grew to love, we had a bit of a layover in New Hampshire of all places. A some place I really, really, wanted to like, and not the least of why because I was sick of moving. Yet, it was a some place I ultimately did not like, although we met a few fine folks there. I still fear somehow managing to live in all fifty states before I die. That should be an exciting notion, but given why I've moved so much over the years, it just isn't at this time.

My heart is still hoping for retirement in the Boston area, but at this point, I think that notion (of retirement) has become its own punchline. Although the area I'm in has a good chunk of history for me (and not even half bad, at that), I still feel that tug northward.

Anyhoo, much is banging around in my brain, but I'll leave that for another time.

Life, whatever you hold in store, please stop making me the brunt of so many goddamn jokes, alright?

No comments: