Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ambitious Choices

Things are plugging along for me, still not at the pace my wildest dreams would like, but I don't mind that so much.

I remember, when I first decided to officially become a freelancer, the super long hours I put myself through. There was a point where I actually started setting one night a week aside and one weekend a month where I had zero plans.

That really helped make a difference for me. It brought a bit of a breathing space into what was turning into a if-I'm-not-working-I-must-be-sleeping blur of a life.

I also realized that while living in the LA area, I did get caught up in that drudgery of feeling like you're a ticking time bomb. Years ago, I had decided that what I really wanted, despite my type A personality, was to live the life of a type B. With all the turmoil that happened around the time I lived in Cali, I lost sight of that. Now that some of the dust is finally settling, I'm starting to make it a constant, even if only one of those things I file in the back of my mind.

In an article I read today, there was a mention that the subject of the article only made her life harder with the choices she made. I very much understand why she did the things she did. I too have made many choices that have made things harder in the long run, but the good news for both of us is that neither of us seem to have any regrets about them.

No comments: